Cost of International Health Insurance 2021 – 2022
With reference to IPMI premiums from 100 locations globally, the Cost of International Health Insurance 2020-2021 Report compiles pricing data for both individual and family plans, analyzes key drivers shaping health insurance costs, as well as identifies key developments in the industry.
What is the cost of international health insurance globally?
The US has unsurprisingly topped our ranking as the most expensive location for individual and family health insurance. Yet, a number of countries’ average individual premiums have decreased in 2020, compared to last year. Additionally, both Hong Kong and Singapore have surpassed Canada in this year’s ranking as the second and third most expensive countries for individual and family health insurance.
An in-depth look at our key findings
- The Americans remains a dominant region in the top 20 most expensive countries
- Latin America may experience an increase in premiums in the next 5 years
- Honk Kong has reclaimed its place as the second most expensive location for health insurance
- Singapore is the second most expensive location in Asia for health insurance
- China’s premiums are going through a correction after years of increase
- A number of countries’ premiums have decreased in 2020
- Insurers are taking a closer look at their regional pricing strategies